Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Hi Guys,I,m an Illegal worker or immigrant.

These jobs? Have you not picked up the paper lately? Right now if your uneducated but well groomed and spoken New Orleans is a goldmine for a new career. My insight to these jobs comes from contacts at my church, CC, companies im associated with and online job engines. For starters the insurance adjusting field is wide open. Mind you at 2 to 10k a week adjusting catastrophe claims. Next? New Orleans has plenty environmental positions available now around 20+ an hour(even testing sea water for sewage contaminants). Wal mart pays well to management(no degree required to be a store manager). Think outside the box. Truck drivers are making good money. There are runs owner operators for Wal Mart from the midwest to FL for 6k+per trip easy 2 trips a week(4 days total). Time is ripe for a construction business in both FL and LA. Real estate? top earners can make up to 30k a month here in median market southern cities. After you have sold the house someone is gonna make money selling a mortgage. As far as my CC they dont get the best pay but the waitresses and bartenders make out pretty darn good. I would have to say nine out of ten that come through there wind up working for one of the members companies. The kitchen help well we had 2 suess chefs(100% american) a few years ago making 40k a year. We couldnt keep them around. They didn't want to work the hours/ nights and holidays. Benefits were above avg because ours like most CC's are member owned and tend to take care of their employees. Ok now the church. We have 5 priests, 4 of whom get 2k a month to spend on people of need(families needing help with anything). #5 gets unlimited use of funds. And yes if you have ever looked into the insurance business they offer discounts to Churches. Yes we do pay for each employess insurance in full. And yes it is a policy that covers 100%. No Co-Pay. This Church has a large tithe and many wealthy people who attend. And guess what the illegals at our country club do at tax time. All claim 0 dependants and do not recieve a dime back on their taxes because they are too scared to file. America just made money on them. So your point is? If farmer fred pays his guys cash guess what? Farmer fred just got jacked into a higher tax bracket and will pay more in taxes than had all his guys filed under lower brackets. And yes those tax dollars didnt just disappear because farmer fred paid his workers cash. Farmer fred doesnt have a write off now. Someone please tell me where the illegals are that are taking my jobs away? The people I see in this business driving rates down are you. Yes you the techs that decided stay on this train instead getting off at the first stop. Until quality workers have had enough this business has no need to change its practices. How many have sit on your loot from one good project until its pb&j time and have to take low pay because you just had to. I just dont see where we can blame the illegals. If I saw them working for GM or Dow or Ford then yes I would be right there with ya. But I just cant fathom a job that they would take that I couldnt get first if I wanted it. Keep McDonald's open for breakfast by keeping illegals. Adios
This is CABL.com posting #167636. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRLY
Posted in reply to: Re: Hi Guys,I,m an Illegal worker or immigrant. by Wife of a cable guy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Hi Guys,I,m an Illegal worker or immigrant. Wife of a cable guy 5/9/2006 7:47:00 AM