Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Uno deMayo

Everything I have seen and read tells me the protests were organized by legal immigrants who are a Americans. These people are against tougher laws on illegals. Its a big difference. If the protest were organized by Americans, theres no issue. I have watched a little coverage, but not a lot. In Chicago I saw mostly legal American immigrants speaking out against tougher immigration laws.

What this tells me is there is a fraction of Americans that does not want tougher immigration laws, so they are protesting and lobbying against it. Democracy at work in my book.

For the most part I agree with alot most of you say. To be honest the biggest problem I have is who I see making some of the comments here. People who wave a flag and call for laws to be enforced on 1 issue, then on other issues encourage people not to inform authourities, because certain illegal action allows them to make more money. Where do you put the flag when you make comments like that.

Many of you are true. You ask that all respect America and our laws. Then there are those who seem to think that for some reason the rich and a few others should not be held to the law. You wave a flag and call for laws to be followed on one issue, but encourage the law to be brokern on other issues.
This is CABL.com posting #167187. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mREJ
Posted in reply to: Re: Uno deMayo by Wife of a cable guy
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Uno deMayo oldschooldbstech 5/4/2006 3:59:00 AM
Re: Uno deMayo Techee10 5/4/2006 1:02:00 AM