Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hard on illegals?

Ok you think its just about the pay? School kids no longer want to work at these fast food joints for minimum wage. Which is much better than i got back in the day. Minimum wage jobs havent changed but the people willing to do them have. So your telling me Joes burger joint should jack his wages when they are at the min legal wage (where they always have been). He must do this to be patriotic when his fellow American now feels he is too good to do the same job his ancesters did at similiar wages? No one wants to pick cabbage these days because their are better jobs available or they are too lazy. Illegals are filling a void lazy americans are not willing to. Whether it be socially demeaning or just minimum wage. Most americans dont care to travel 11 months out of the year and most dont care to work hard so what the heck do the employers do? **** has to get done. Illegals typically dont take jobs they are left to the scraps. I have worked in a production plant where the turnover rate was 50%+ per year @$15.00 per hour (darn good money 10 years ago). 12 hour shifts and mandatory overtime appeared to be just too hard for whiney ass fellow americans. This company didnt bring in illegals but their commitment to the american people ran thin and they just moved altogether to South America. America is not a backbone country anymore and its a fact. Hard workers are like gold especially in the cable industry. From my experience 3 out of 10 workers I hire are motivated by money. And its good money 1500 to 3000 per week. The other 7 are happy with the 300 to 500 range. It drives me nuts because I have to manage 7 guys that 2 good ones could do. Therefore I have to supply 3x the parts and tools. You act as though you have a grasp of the situation but this has been obvious for the last 20 years. Americans cant blame the companies or the government for this situation. They need to look in the mirror or at their fellow countrymen. If it was up to me I would eliminate welfare to the freeloaders and crack down on the borders. Tell the leeches of society to either die a slow starving death in a ditch or get a damn job! Only the strong survive. But as most of you know we cant do that so where do we look to get these houses rebuilt in New Orleans? Last I heard the illegals were getting 20 bucks and hour there. LOL
This is CABL.com posting #167173. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mREv
Posted in reply to: Re: hard on illegals? by Wife of a cable guy
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: hard on illegals? Wife of a cable guy 5/4/2006 9:24:00 AM
Re: hard on illegals? drifterdawg 5/3/2006 10:36:00 PM