Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Uno deMayo

I understand, illegal is illegal. I am not advocating illegal alliens. But what I dont understand is that people are saying that the protestors were illegals. The protests were organized by Americans is support of the illegals. How can you wave a flag, but justify telling other Americans to keep quiet about their views. How can you wave a flag that advocates free speech and the right to assemble, but feel as if these people should not protest and just shut up and go away. How can you feel this activity is bad for America, when this is what America is all about. The right to be heard.

Some people love America because this is where they were born and thats it. Others love America for what it stands for and the laws and freedoms that only we have. People who wave the flag then denounce the things that flag stands for makes us look bad, IMO. I think it is these kind of people that will cause many of our libertys to taken out of law, not immigrants. Legal or illegal. The few that could prosper for certain rights and libertys being taken away from the average Joe sees that we dont care about them, and I feelthey will soon look to see them removed from law.
This is CABL.com posting #167118. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRDC
Posted in reply to: Re: Uno deMayo by Wife of a cable guy
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Uno deMayo drifterdawg 5/3/2006 7:12:00 PM
Re: Uno deMayo Wife of a cable guy 5/3/2006 3:23:00 PM