Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hard on illegals?

What's the huge difference between 35/15 and 40/20? 10 bucks?????

Dude, you're getting ripped. HSP's always have more BS rules, and they only use voluntary slave labor.

Let's map this pay rate out, so you can truly understand how much you make. Okay, a standard one receiver install pays $40. To do the job right (grounded, clips, cust education, system integration, activation and all) should take between 1.5 to 2 hours. At $40 per, that's 20 an hour, not too shabby right? Now, add this in to the equation. You get the fax the night before, which you read in order to route your day (20 mins.). You drive from your house to the site (20-30 min avg.) Call in to dispatch (5mins., unless you're put on hold, which could run upwards of 10-20 mins.). After job, you call back in to dispatch (another5-10 mins.) All this extra time is another hour of YOUR time dedcicated to this job. So, now you have three hours invested in a one receiver, $40 job! WHAT?!?!?!?!?! 40 divided by 3 =13.33/ hour. My laborers make that.

Plus, you have to put up with all the mgmt.'s B.S., and customer's calling in, mad as hell, because you didn't program their remote to work their alarm clock in the outhouse behind their trailer, even though you petted their over-happy dogs and told them that their ugly kid was really cute.

You talk about finding the right company to work for, and holding out for the milk and honey (40/20) after 3 months. Maybe you should keep your mouth shut and follow your own advice.

I run in a company van (GAS PAID), they provide my supplies, take out taxes, give me more work than I want, and I'm clearing between 1500-1900 EVERY WEEK. Granted, I am a commercial tech with six years experience, and I speak fluent Spanish (no, I'm not illegal). I also oversee two crews doing MDU construction on multi-million dollar projects, and I work for only one of five dealers nationwide that has been an elite dealer for DTV concurrently for the past seven years in a row.

I have gotten to where I am by not accepting the low-paying wages offered by many and rolling with the punches during the slow times.
(rocket)
This is CABL.com posting #167088. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRC8
Posted in reply to: Re: hard on illegals? by whocares1984
There are 0 replies to this message