Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Uno deMayo

It was nice today doing installs. Only heard one leaf blower fire up as a landscaping crew cleaned up a yard.

Traffic was light and easy flowing in the new neighborhoods where all the new housing is going up. No roads being partially blocked by the tailgates of workers trucks. Those that were working on the constuction sites had thier vehicle well clear of the roadways. Another nice benifit was that the lunch-wagons all stayed home too. No annoying horns to be heard. Speaking of sounds... I didn't even hear ONE spanish station being blasted on a boom box. Normally there are like 6 different boom-boxes or stereos blasting 6 different spanish stations. Nope. Not one today. Nice and quiet in the new homes area.

Made the most money today as well. Normally I'm averaging about $180-$240 a day doing residential installs. Banked out over $340 as close tonight.

The best part was on the way home after turning in equipment for the night. Stopped at McDonalds Drive-Thru for dinner. The order taker understood me and I him. Food was hot and the order was correctly made. Even got the correct change from my $20 bill.

I wonder if they would please to a Dos deMayo, and a Tres, Quatro .......
This is CABL.com posting #167028. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRCa
Posted in reply to: Re: Uno deMayo by DZW!
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Uno deMayo oldschooldbstech 5/2/2006 3:39:00 AM