Create your free account now! Sign up

Can you answer this one?

You had so much to say to crawl on this subject, but not to much to me. Gotta admit, Im a bit dissapointed. You had no answer to my other questions, maybe you can answer these. A personal opinion is all that is needed on this one, and I know you have on of those.

Which is worse for the economy? An illegal working an American job, or an American working and accepting the treatment of an illegal? You hear about illegals working for companies and not paying them, or paying them less than the amount they agreed on. The illegal does nothing about it, because he cant. Theres nothing he can do but work more and try to make up for the loss he suffered. Then there are these Americans who work and dont get paid. Some of them pack up, leave their families for weeks, work and dont get paid. They have multiple legal actions they can take, but dont. Instead, like the illegal, they decide to work more to make up for the loss.

Which is more prideful? Which hurts the economy more? One who works for a group that brings up the industry pay average. He refuses to work for companies who pays much below the industry average, so at times he sits idle. He sits idle proudly because although he is not working, he is not an American working in work conditions and for wages that are normally only seen by illegals. Or is it more prideful to accept the wages and treatment fit for illegals. Is it better to take the attitude little pay is better than no pay, and is this way more prideful than refusing to work for low wages? I know this is a hard a position. But it seems to be the only position some of us want to be in. Some people in the bizz are calling for change. Be it through a union, or some other means, and for some reason these people are labled trouble makers. Being labled a trouble maker for wanting to legally bring about change doesnt seem right to me.

Which is more American and patriotic? One who legally marches to get reform in laws they need to achieve their goals. They no longer want what they are doing to be considered illegal, so they take the legal route and lobby to get laws changed so that what they are doing can be considered legal. Or is it more American and patriotic to wave an American flag with pride, but advocate the violation of US labor laws concerning OT. While proudly waving the flag, they proudly proclaim how they fix time sheets to avoid being in compliance with OT labor laws, they also encourage others NOT to inform the proper legal agencys. They label those who say the labor board should be notified, as trouble makers, and wish they would just go away. They say just leave things the way they are. They have the option to lobby and protest to get the laws changed legally, but they opt to just continue violating the law. All this while waving the flag proclaiming to be a true American, and pointing the fingers at others that they are ruining this country.

The point is not that the protestors are right, but isnt it more American to hold legal marches and protests, and lobby to get laws passed needed for one to achieve their goals? Isnt this way better than just breaking the law and encouraging others not to inform the law agencys?

This is CABL.com posting #166885. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRzR
Posted in reply to: Re: hard on illegals? by Wife of a cable guy
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Can you answer this one? Wife of a cable guy 4/30/2006 5:16:00 PM