Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A union, is it time

On the contrary, I think the installers are worth a KRAP. If it were not for installers (in the satellite industry) there would be no installation companies. The installers are the backbone of the satellite industry. It is pretty much the same with cable. I know the linemen will argue they are just as if not more important than the ladder jockys (the same could be said for anyone working up the chain above the installers as well in either satellite or cable). Bottomline is the installer is the face the customer will actually see and therefore the face of the company. If the company wants to present a good face they need to have happy installers. Constantly cutting rates and benifits doesn't make for a happy face. It is in the companies' best interest to take care of the installers so they will do like you and bust their butts to do a good job.
I myself went the extra mile to get the job done when I worked as an installer for the local HSP. But once they decided to cut the tech's pay by nearly 50% I went looking for union representation. If your employer treats you fairly then you have no need for a union, but if the boss is looking to bend you over and ram a big pay cut up your arse then I'd be looking for a good union.
This is CABL.com posting #166857. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRzp
Posted in reply to: Re: A union, is it time by lostintx
There are 0 replies to this message