Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hard on illeagles?

My backbone is just fine warren. You are sadly mistaken if you think I only talk about unionizing and do not put my butt on the line to make it a reality. Up until October of last year i was employeed by the local HSP. They canned me and a few others for trying to organize a union vote. I stepped forward and put my butt on the line for my beliefs and the benifit of my fellow techs then got canned for it, if that isn't showing some backbone and courage then what is? Only a idiot would sit back and take 30-50% pay cuts without protest. Only a gutless manager would try to feed such krap to their techs as if it were something good for them. And only a greedy spineless owner would ever propose such and idea in the first place.

I have said it time and time again but some of you folks just don't seem to be able to read so here I am saying it again, maybe this time it will sink into your thick skulls... My efforts to organize a union were never done in order to make my employer pay the techs more than they were already making, the goal were simply to keep what we had and not be forced into taking the drastic pay cuts our employer was planning (and later followed through with). If my employer had treated my fellow techs and I right then we would have never sought out union representation. No employee if treated fairly by their employer has any need for a union, plain & simple. But for those who are treated unfairly and facing a 30-50% pay cut a union is the way to go.

As for May 1st, I will be kicking back drinking a few Aguila's (fine Colombian beer) with some Colombian friends who are taking the day off. Do I think illegals should be allowed to work in this country?, no. But I do think the immigration laws should be reformed so that it doesn't take 5-7 years to get your step-daughters into this country legally.
This is CABL.com posting #166853. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRzl
Posted in reply to: Re: hard on illeagles? by warrenrf
There are 0 replies to this message