Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: 6x8 powered 4x8 stacking

as far as I know you can not stack switches with the ka/ku first of all you never take lines from 1 multi-switch to another who ever told you to do that should be shot on sight. second run your 4 lines from ka/ku then run lines to all receivers they will work work with no problem even if they are not high def. so if you need to use more than the 8 lines supplied your best bet is to install a triple sat to run the other receivers but only do this if they need more than the 8 lines the switch provides. to stack a 4x8 or 3x4 or old 6x8 you need to have dual power pass diplexers and I would not buy the cheap ones either.you then take 1 line from the dish to the power pass diplexer then the 2 lines from the power pass need to go to the exact same ports on both switches ie: both to the 18v side of the switch next two to the 13v side of switch same as for a 4x8 or 6x8 just you need 4 power pass diplexers and 2 lines to the 18v 22khz and 2 lines to the 23v 22khz hope this clears it up for you but never and I repeat never take lines out from 1 multi-switch to feed another multi-switch you will have nothing but problems in the future if you do this ,this is not a corner to cut.
This is CABL.com posting #166832. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRy0
Posted in reply to: Re: 6x8 powered 4x8 stacking by whocares1984
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: 6x8 powered 4x8 stacking oldschooldbstech 4/30/2006 6:46:00 PM