Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: hard on illegals?

I think no one is low life. I cant say I recall unions trying to stop cable workers from getting better wages. As I recall in the 80's union worked to organize cable workers, they didnt want in. How can you put your effort into people who dont want in, especially when there are others who want in and are willing to do what it takes to suceed in bargainng a good contract.

My point is not that unions are gold. My point is that unions are a group of workers who fight for better wages. They are willing to strike in order to reach their goals. Then you have workers like us and the illegals ready to accept anything thats offered to us which is most time MUCH less than those workers who are using their right to participate in collective barganing. We are ready and willing to take their work and do it for less. If union cable went on strike people wouldlnt hesitate to step in and take their work, which is one reason striking is not a good option for union cable workers. Which takes away a valuable tool when trying to negotiate better wages. How is it we are exempt from being labled a group that brings wages down. How can we, of all people, say illegals are to blame for low wages.
This is CABL.com posting #166798. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRys
Posted in reply to: Re: hard on illegals? by Clean Splice
There are 0 replies to this message