Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A union, is it time

I don't know about anyone else; but for me, a union is definitely the way to go. It is high time that the Techs banded together and stopped taking it up the shoot. We have had bad experience after bad experience. It sure seems that not paying Techs or paying too little is the industry standard. Aren't you supposed to make more money over time instead of less? Well if you are an installer then I'm certain you have seen your rate of pay go down instead of up. And it doesn't matter what you install or for who. Three years ago you could make really good money in satellite, cable, whatever! But now contractors are paying less for the same jobs. And I have talked to tech after tech that never got their back pay from more than one contractor. Because most contractors hold back 3 weeks, most don't bother to pay you after you leave. Add that to no health care, job security, retirement, vacation and so forth and you can't deny that we need a union. I think that we should choose someone to speak with a rep from the Communication Workers of America. That is the union for the telephone companies, which are beginning to get involved in cable and satellite. It is a big, strong union that served my father well for 40+ years. Tthe only way to make things better and more just is by combining our voices in the brotherhood of the union. cblmama
This is CABL.com posting #166631. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRvL
Posted in reply to: A union, is it time by Plasma man
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: A union, is it time Trey9007 4/26/2006 11:47:00 PM
Re: A union, is it time Trey9007 4/26/2006 6:36:00 PM