Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: DiSEqC Technology

Well, after reading this post, I decided to research the two and they are similar but different. Diseqc appears to use the 22kHz tone-burst for sending digital commands to the various pieces of equipment. This seems to be the standard in Europe and other nations as well. I don't know if DiSH's Diseqc uses the same frequency, but I would venture a guess that they probably do as they likely copied the tech used in Europe and elsewhere.

Considering that most installers I know of and have seen on the various forums don't always take an interest in the technology of their respective systems. I've met many techs who are simply told "you can't do this with that" and they never bother to really understand why. For this reason, I try to avoid confusion between the various things out there. Referring to DiSH's technology simply as 22kHz will probably lead to some dope installer trying to cross-connect both systems, such as using a phase III dish with a DiSH receiver. I'm also just about the most nit-picky person I know and that tends to come through when discussing the tech side of this stuff. I used to train techs a lot and the unwillingness to learn the tech stuff really bothered me. Not to mention idiot organizations like the SBCA who thinks they can teach the tech side in 6 hours. DiSH made us sit in a classroom for an entire week before we even set foot in the field.
This is CABL.com posting #166583. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRuZ
Posted in reply to: DiSEqC Technology by rficken00
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: DiSEqC Technology rficken00 4/26/2006 8:21:00 AM