Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: anyone know how to take care of snow on dishes

I'd like to answer the original question which is "how to take care of snow on dishes". They make a ring (or spiderweb backing, depending on the dish) that goes on the dish which keeps the dish heated just enough in winter to make snow and ice turn to water and run off of the dish and not stick. They work very well and I have installed many on commercial satellite dishes for headends. I have also installed a couple for DirecWay and DTV and they seem to work well.
There are some drawbacks to the heated ring though. Electricity bill and they are not easy to install on some dishes.

As far as the other topic of conversation goes, many, many of us have migrated back and forth between wireless and wired.

There's good and bad on both sides and we all seem to take lumps at some point in our career. The biggest obstacle we all have to overcome is taking the easy way out. Doing it the right way the first time no matter how hard is the way to go. If the majority of people took the time to have as much pride in their workmanship as the few do, we'd have nothing to gripe about.
Have a great day guys,
Brett

very seldom is the right way the easy way.
This is CABL.com posting #166339. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRq3
Posted in reply to: Re: anyone know how to take care of snow on dishes by dsatelitmn
There are 0 replies to this message