Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: anyone know how to take care of snow on dishes

Installed a DBS system (two receiver) system at a brand new construction. Had two lines run from the d-mark to the low voltage distribution panel. There was NO CABLE buried to the house. I used both lines to the panel, and then from there to the two receivers. This if for all you cable dawgs who brag about what a good job ALL CABLE INSTALLERS do. The customer then ordered cable internet. The STUPID CABLE INSTALLER then came out and dismantled my system and told the customer I did not know what I was doing and was supposed to leave one line for the cable. He also told the customer that they needed to call me and put a "splitter in the line and they would have their Satellite TV. You know why he did all of this.....because he did not want to crawl and fish the wall, or "they do not go into attics to fish a cable to the low voltage distribution panel." I then drove thirty miles to fix their screw up.....and charged them for the service call. They had this customer in tears because her husband is over in IRAQ and the only way they can talk is over the internet. I talked to the "LEAD TECH" and he had the audacity to tell me that I did not need two cables into the house. I asked him if he had ever installed a sat system....he said no. I then asked him if he made it a practice to have his installers dispense information they had NO IDEA WHAT THEY WERE TALKING about. I promise they will pay for their bit of arrogance. They seem to forget that a pair of Kleins can cut their drop line to the house just enough that they will need to run a new line if that home ever becomes a cable home. A little time and a little money for cable and an installers time. They will pay....WHAT ARROGANCE.
This is CABL.com posting #166265. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRpR
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: anyone know how to take care of snow on dishes Dcableservices 4/21/2006 6:57:00 AM