Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Dns screwing us

you do have a point about abusing charges, that's one thing i miss about cable, if there was one installer acting bad, the mso could track that and tell the prime get his a$$ out of here. i

'm still not fine with free wallfishes. is still pick up cable jobs to help out my "home prime" the guys that trained me in and the other day a customer tried to get me to rewire 3 housewraps with wallfishes (huge house, housewrap vs. wallfish was explained at start of install, sub thought $45 per was too high...that's the mso's price not mine) and after they'd watched me run the outlets, discussed with me that an outlet would have to be moved because i had no access to the outside of the house where they wanted the outlet they told me "well i never thought there would be cable on the outside of the house, when Dish came out they just ran the outlet and it was free and there were no wires on the house"..... my point is this.......as subs and primes wouldn't it be in our best interest to AT LEAST mention that in most markets there is a $40-$55 dollar charge for a wallfish for ___________reason? that's my policy, don't let the customer get too used to the freebies, raise hell with the prime to the point that it will get passed along and we'll all be better off. i'm not saying get yourself fired or go without work, i'm just saying that we have more power than anyone.....installers i mean....we have more customer contact in a position to be johnny on the spot with info that they won't get from a monitored csr. when it comes to spec i follow the rules, when it comes to my money i follow the logic. if it's in your best interest to give free work away then do it, but do it in a way that isn't gonna cost you when it's not in your best interest.

by the way a flexbit on a wallfish is ignorant if it's not neccessary. a chain and a stinger or a chain and a magent make the fishing part take about 15 seconds, of course i'm in tx where there are few "floor fishes" in that case a flexbit and a glowrod are all you ever needed.
This is CABL.com posting #165599. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRe7
Posted in reply to: Re: Dns screwing us by slipandfallpaul
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Dns screwing us TDD1 4/12/2006 10:55:00 AM
Re: Dns screwing us nrb1 4/12/2006 1:11:00 AM