Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Are There any Sales People?

I sold cable services for over 20 years and loved just about every second of it; even my 15 years on the road.

I've noted from experience and being a cable sales contract company owner that most cable sales reps can be easily trained to do simple connects, audits, and disconnects but almost 100% of techs cannot be trained to sell. It is simply a question of personality. But there is a huge advantage for anyone that is proficient at both selling and complete installation but I have only met 2 in 20 years.

Traveling cable sales reps are in high demand and the supply of people willing and able to pay own expenses and travel constantly doing primarily commissioned sales work is limited. The people that respond to the sales ads are usually the same job hoppers over and over looking for the best door offer and commission plan.

Road life really is not all that attractive over time and most cable sales reps go into contracting because they have exhausted their options for the cushy in-house jobs locally where they are based or were laid off and just cannot do anything else to make the same money they were used to.
This is CABL.com posting #165518. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRdO
Posted in reply to: Are There any Sales People? by precise com
There are 0 replies to this message