Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Employers hiring illegals

Hey Bro , I hate to inform you , but , in the Wahington,D.C. Metropolitan area , there is a very strong militia with many volunteers , who are photographing vehicle license plates of all vehicles frequenting known gathering areas for hispanic workers , ( even the ones provided by the local governments ) , and then gaining vehicle owner information through the Freedom of Information Act , and Motor Vehicle Administrations , and then forwarding all such information to several Federal Agencies , including IRS , INS , FBI , as well as the Senate and Congress .
I am not a member of such militia , nor do I condone thier tactics , but , I do know and can state that this is happening everyday in our area . I have seen them in action with my own eyes .
This militia appears to be very narrow minded , and has no comprehension of the difficulties companies face in finding necessary personnel/employees . It has been my experience over the last 20 years I have operated companies , that there is a very insufficient and unsatisfactory labor pool to select from when attempting to hire employees . I have had more than my share of lazy adolescents , unreliable drunks and drug users , thieves that stole me blind ( tools , equipment , money , as well as unauthorized use of vehicles ) , and hundreds and hundreds of applicants for a advertised FULL-TIME position that either aren't available for a 40-60 hr. work week , do not have driver's licenses , have criminal records not even suitable for even the least amount of public exposure on a work force , do not even attempt (blush) to spell correct on the application , possess llegible handwriting , are not willing to travel ( all expenses paid ) for the occassional out-of-town job , or , had no desire for FULL TIME in the first place , or want to dictate to me when they when they can fit work in on thier schedule ??????
This kind of crap has happened in every state I have worked in , and not just in the cable business , from Pennsylvania to Florida , and even Illinois and Wisconsin . So , I ask the millita , just what is a company to do , when our own ( the United States of America general population ) cannot provide a desireable labor pool to hire from ? As has been stated in several places throuhout this board by several members , We ( the United States of America ) have done this to ourselves . The companies trying to do business are not to blame . Society is to blame . From our law makers down , and especially un-deserving parents and families who have disregarded and neglected thier children and other family members for the last few generations , and now the whole Nation is paying the price for thier actions ( or lack there of ) .
So , if they really want to fix the problem , it needs to start with rebuilding moral values at the individual and family level . Of course this will hardly become possible without involuntary sterilization to terminate some severely inbred instincts . ( This last sentence was somewhat sarcastic , I hope the reader realizes ... ) (blush)(frust)(confused)(poke)(argue)(splat)(cussing)
This is CABL.com posting #165337. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mRaT
Posted in reply to: Re: Employers hiring illegals by crawl2much
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Employers hiring illegals oldschooldbstech 4/8/2006 6:56:00 PM
Re: Employers hiring illegals Wife of a cable guy 4/8/2006 4:08:00 PM
Re: Employers hiring illegals mcnutt192 4/8/2006 3:42:00 PM