Create your free account now! Sign up

Re:Tell some good stories about "Getting the Pole"

Hey Bill- "Lighten up", any how I bet it's cheaper than the Worker's Comp pay out if Warrior took a nose dive if he gaffed out on a rotten old tooth pick pole!

>StealthWarrior, did you own the trucks? Or did that greedy prime we all hear about foot the $3-4,000 for the front end on the one truck in the ditch and the $3-4,000 for the trans/clutch in the other? I bet he had a blast having you guys as employees.
>
>>I was doing some new build splicing in a very rural area and the pole line was about 12' off of the road and across a 4' ditch. Well, not wanting to to have to climb 30+ poles a day, all of them averaging 35+ feet high, we decided to nose dive the buckets into the ditch to splice in the locations and have a standby bucket ready to pull us back out! It worked out great and we had a blast just running the buckets into the ditches!
>>
>>>My buddy and I haven't been in cable long, but we have one hard fast rule, "get the truck to the pole". In our short time we have some good stories only cable guys find funny...since this is where cable guys hang out I wanted to hear what others are doing to their trucks. I you got time leave a good one!
This is CABL.com posting #16518. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mesA
Posted in reply to: Re:Tell some good stories about "Getting the Pole" by Bill Tippett
There are 0 replies to this message