Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Here is how Unions operate

I guess we all should be suprised by this? Unions can only represent citizens here legaly, I know you know ithis. The corporate America that is has so much support around here wants to give these workers the legal rights to wok here, and they want them unrepresented. Labor sees that these workers will not be represented and receive low wages. Their goal is to organize them and help them negotiate wages equal to other highly paid service jobs.

The part of corporate America that employs service workers are looking to come up with something that gives them access to cheap labor. They are looking for something equivelant to outsourcing. You cant outsorce construction jobs like you can call center jobs.,which I think always made many of us feel our jobs were safe. So now, they are insourcing. Its a done deal. Corporate America wants this, and they are going to get it. They have fooled the american worker to think, that the one process that lets them bargain job security and wages, is poison. That was step 1. Step 2 is now comming into play. The american worker now has little defence, and they are attacking our jobs and lively hoods. As a whole, we dont unionize, we dont vote, and we dont stay involved in the political process. We for some reason, just no longer watch each others back. We have become like corporate america. We would steal ourneighbors job and not think twice about it. Now were gonna pay for it.

Immigrants are taken advantage of many times. Their lack of knowledge about labor laws in this country makes them an easy target. Think about it, people who were born here and work here dont understand or exercise the rights they have as workers and are taken advantage of. One can only imagine what these companies would do to workers who feel our worse working conditions is better than their best.

Believe it or not, there are actually unions in Mexico. STRM is the union that represents telecom workers over there. My point is that Mexicans like anyone else, will probably fight for better working conditions when educated on how to get them.

As far as your commens on dues,you are not telling the full truth. Union members have Beck rights. Beck rights gives union members the option to only pay the dues amount needed to enforce the contract they work under. This is a smaller amount. This eliminates membes contributing into things they do not support. But, it also allows them to support their union and the enforcement of their contract. So if you going to comment on something, it would be nice if you tell the whole story.
This is CABL.com posting #164557. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQYj
Posted in reply to: Re: Here is how Unions operate by olndog
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Here is how Unions operate warrenrf 3/29/2006 8:28:00 PM