Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Illegals are marching, and why we don't

I have read a number of the replies and I have to weigh in on the issue. The current immigration laws and proccess is a big joke. The immigration department has to be the most poorly managed segment of the governement. Trust me, I know first hand how bad they are. My wife is from Colombia. I met her here back in 1999. We got married in 2001. She just got her greencard in 2005. Next year she will be able to become a citizen.
My wife has two daughters, one in college and one who is married. The proccess to get our girls here will take anywhere between 3-7 years!
The economy and job opprotunities are terrible in Colombia. More than half of my wife's family (and she has a large family) including her daughters, are out of work. Now we are not talking about a bunch of uneducated third world farmers here folks. The unemployed family members include a veternarian, bank vise president, pharmaceutical salesman (he worked for Pfizer, not selling white powder) and several office managers and executives.
As for our daughters, I would rather have them here (preferably legally, but if nessecsary, illegally) making their own way and contributing to the economy in the US, than I would having to send them money and supporting the Colombian economy.
I understand most people's feelings about illegals and the flood of Mexicans coming here to work has come to a boiling point. It has gotten to the point (in my area at least) that nary a house gets built, a chicken get processed or a hot plate gets sat before you that some Mexican hasn't had some hand in the process.
Where do I stand on the issue? Well that is hard to say, my gut say's put them on a bus, deport them back where they came from and build a big wall at the border. Then my heart tells me that members of my wife's (and now my) family might be part of that deported bunch. You see not all of my wife's family who were unemployed in Colombia are still in Colombia.
This is CABL.com posting #164333. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQUH
Posted in reply to: Illegals are marching, and why we don't by Pascomm
There are 0 replies to this message