Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Illegals are marching, and why we don't

" Everyone here is an immigrant except for the native Americans."

This is the most pathetic cliche of a response ever generated on this issue. Grow a brain and form a more expansive understanding of the issue. Your statement only further validates the need for strict border control. One might argue that the Native American's (do they really get butt-hurt if we call them indians?) worst mistake ever made in preserving their way of life was letting the first European settlers off the boat. The indians allowed the Europeans to come in, and since those events, they have been routed from tribal self-rule and pigeon-holed into the crappiest pieces of dirt our government was willing to give them. I'm not going to argue whether such actions are justified but I am only going to point out the obvious consequence for the indians' lack of action or ineffective action towards the first European settlers.

We modern-day Americans are going to have our lives changed drastically by this immigration swell. Whether it will be for better or worse is not the subject of debate. Things will be different for us, our way of life will be different. The current trend is a lowering of wages, skyrocketing healthcare costs, increased urban sprawl, blight, etc. Knowing these facts, we modern-day Americans are like the early indians. We see these people coming here, changing things as they see fit and we aren't doing enough to repel this change in our empire. Rome, Greece, Egypt, Aztec, Mayan culture all have one thing in common: They all came to an end at the hand of some invading group of foreigners.

Very few people feel any pity for the condition that Native Americans were put in as the result of the new settlers. Once today's invaders take over, I doubt anyone in their culture is going to feel any greater pity than we do for the indians and we all know how little that is. If it weren't legislated and indoctrinated that we feel some form of guilt, I doubt anyone would.
This is CABL.com posting #164283. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQTT
Posted in reply to: Re: Illegals are marching, and why we don't by nrb1
There are 3 replies to this message
let thme in??????? guerillasplicer 3/28/2006 12:28:00 AM
Re: Illegals are marching, and why we don't crawl2much 3/26/2006 11:33:00 PM
Re: Illegals are marching, and why we don't bushmaster 3/26/2006 11:10:00 PM