Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: what is this

LOL.......Even I admit that McCormick shop rules are strict. But the sad part is that you guys work in an industry that is the EXACT reason they have those rules. Our industry has no structure. The companies in this industry only follow laws they agree with, so it is expected that you 2 make the comments you make. You guys are in an industry where companies only follow laws they agree with, and OSG says nothing. She thinks its fine. When you work in an industry that has no structure and only follows laws they feel are right,and not ALL the rules, the results are lower pay, longer hours, violation of workers rights and no REAL training programs because the companies dont really care who they get to install as long as its a worker who will accept the pay and dont complain.

So, how 2 obviously intelligent people can make these comments is beyond me. But then considering the business youre in I can kind of see why. The companies who employ union tradesman follow all the laws, our companies only follow some. The companies who employ union tradesman bid on contracts, our companies pretty much take what they can get, theirs little consideration for installer pay when getting contracts because they just pay what they can. Companies who employ union tradesman work with the union to develop extensive 3-5 year training programs, our companies illegaly classify workers as contractors who you legally cant train, and our companies have not come up with a training program or cert on their own that they REQUIRE installers o have. Companies who use union tradesman have respect for the trade and the workers in it,and SHOW it. Many companies here say they have respect for the trade, and maybe they do , maybe they just show it differently.

I guess its possible for violation of labor laws, offering of no REAL training, bidding on contracts with no consideration of installer pay, and accepting contracts with lower rates as the cost of living rises could be considered a display of respect the trade and the workers in it . It obviously is, because this is how the companies in this business operate. And they claim to have the up most respect for the trade and workers in it.

OSG, you have neen exposed for the corporate PR person you are. Theres really nothing wrong with that either. But why insult everyones intelligence. Once again you show anger for another LEGAL union activity. Everybody sees how legal union activity seems to piss you off big time, but when company ILLEGAL infractions occur, the level of anger isnt even close. Why no Gal comments about companies who break the law. Be the PR Gal, youre good at it, but stop insulting peoples intelligence. You will never speak out against yours or any other company when they do wrong. Your response is usually that " Welcome to Corporate America" speech. Its obvious you dont believe LABOR RELATIONS is a part of Corporate America. You will never speak out about company wrong doings, so why in the hell should anyone believe you when you say want fairness for installers. Legal union activity gets you fired up. I disagree with you, but I like the fire you display when you talk about it. But theres never any fire in you when the topic of company mis-conduct arises. We only get the "Its time for communication speech".

The one good deed your PR activities have done for me, is solve a mystery for me. Ive worked union and non-union. The workers on both sides seem to be just about the same. Theres a small percentage of lazy union workers, theres a small percentage non union lazy workers. Theres hard working union people, theres hard working non union people. I just couldnt figure how come the pay and working conditions are so different. You have shown me that the biggest difference between union and non union workers is the companys we work for. Union companies SHOW they have respect for the trade. Union companies REQUIRE training. The list goes on. So thank you OSG youve been of great help.
This is CABL.com posting #164156. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQRQ
Posted in reply to: Re: what is this by OPIES HERE
There are 4 replies to this message
Re: what is this oldschoolgal 3/27/2006 1:46:00 PM
as to you union nrb1 3/25/2006 12:01:00 PM
Re: what is this nrb1 3/25/2006 11:47:00 AM
Re: what is this Trey9007 3/25/2006 10:32:00 AM