Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Whatsa matter BOY

nrb1 , could I please interject something here ? After all , I do feel partly responsible for bringing this Brotherhood / orginization / union topic up in a couple of posts a few days ago. Before you continue to bash Trey any futher , could I ask you to review a reply you made to Whitfield on !!/28/2004 . You were talking about brotherhood . What has happened to you in the last year and 4 months minus 5 days ? Did something happen in your personal life , or on the job , that you must vent all this anger and disrepect ? Would you like to talk to someone about it ?
I mentioned the topic of a union , which might very well be beneficial for a certain percentage of our industry . It probably isn't for every one , but , you have to admit there are way too many " brothers " who are really getiing the wrong end of the stick , and something needs to be done about it . There are some good companies , but not enough. It is time for us to clean up our industry . There is much wrong occuring throughout all levels of cable . That is why I mentioned a Brotherhood ( not necessasarily a union , more like a professional association . If we can band together , our ( all of us ) voice can be heard , and everyone will benefit as a result and the Big Players will take heed , if they want to Get-R-Dun . There is room for every skill level here .
I don't know about you , but I have been in this business for 17 years , seen good and bad times , but it still hurts to hear when a fellow brother is being raped by some greedy , unscroupuless , unethical company that doesn't deserve to be a part of " our " cable world . I am not referring to Trey or you . I am just giving one example of a hudred or more all of us are aware of .
I've been watching these topics of conversation / bitchin' for as long as I've been here . They never change or get better , because no one ever does anything about them . You must admit there are quite a few legitimate gripes . I notice many more participants / members repling now , then ever before . That has to be an indication that others are getting fed up , or are realizing that there might be a solution . It seems promising , and offers a glimmer of hope for our industry . We are all in this together , and although we may have differences of opinion , we all need to stick together some how . Wouldn't it be nice to be a member of a dignified and well respected national association or Brotherhood ? We could all have pride and piece of mind where ever we worked , knowing ourselves and " ALL " our brothers were being treated fairly , regardless of their hierarchial status , demographics , or their selection of niche within the industry . I'm not slinging this at you , just asking you to give some consideration . I don't wish to argue with you , either . Thanks for being here . (wave)
This is CABL.com posting #164080. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQQC
Posted in reply to: Whatsa matter BOY by nrb1
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Whatsa matter BOY nrb1 3/24/2006 12:53:00 AM