Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Going Digital Without Hits How is it done?

Joe your an amazing wealth of information,and I'm sure your a indispensable part of your company,once again thank you. I think that particular piece of equipment is out of my price range and I have some serious doubts as to telephony being a source of income for us. The only reason any other cable company (in my opinion) is making any monies on it is due to broadband customers not being aware of vonage and their ability to have such a phone without the cable company getting their slice but thats another argument for later. I was looking at easing into digital starting with my premium channels and maybe offering pay-per view. Our plant is already 2-way and working I would say well so I was hoping to poll the boxes that way if possible. I've been trying to talk the owner into an engineering consultant for some time now and think I may have him swayed on this. I just built a pretty hefty fiber overlay on our plants in order to collapse a few head-ends and drop out some nodes but I put a fair amount of spare fiber in too now I want to utilize what I have asap without wasting time or money.I'll call motorola and see what they can do for me as I"m using their modems albeit refurbed or used but they have been working out for me with only 3 out of 300 being faulty so far and I have my doubts about 2 of them. Once again thank you you have placed me on the correct path.
This is CABL.com posting #164015. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQPz
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Going Digital Without Hits How is it done? Chad Thomas 3/24/2006 5:15:00 PM