Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Directv 3 LNB feed

"Okay satellite dawgs. Went on a service call. The installs was horrible. But he had HD upstrs. just a slave down.
Has a tripple feed into an "old" multiswitcher with a local antenna fed into it.
I was sent a huge powered 8 port multiswitcher to replace this guys old one because is down strs receiver keeps flaking out.
Isn't there a non-powered new style mulitiswitcher for this situation similar to the one in the pic just made for the new equip?
(confused)"

This is what I am going to suggest based on the information provided above:

The lettering on that switch isn't very clear, but it doesn't look like a multiswitch at all. It looks like a dual diplexer. Basically, a dual diplexer splits the OTA and diplexes the off-air into both satellite lines. A multi-switch with only two outputs would be functionally useless since both IRDs could connect directly to a dual LNB. That's why I think you have a dual diplexer here. Using a dual diplexer on a two receiver install takes the place of three components: two diplexers, one splitter, and of course the jumpers involved in connecting all of them.

You should be able to remove this piece of equipment and barrel the two satellite receiver lines directly into the lines going to the dish. Once you do that, you can start troubleshooting and locating the cause of the problem. You might find this dual-diplexer to be the problem. Once you have isolated and solved the problem, I would add the OTA back in with the more traditional method of installing a splitter on the antenna feed and then diplexing in the OTA from the splitter into each diplexer.

Here is a spec page on the part it appears you are referencing in the picture. http://www.twdls.com.tw/10.htm
This is CABL.com posting #163989. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQO9
Posted in reply to: Directv 3 LNB feed by LowVoltWiredMAN
There are 0 replies to this message