Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Overtime pay on piece work

Tom says:
"1.You can make a good living by doing your job to the best of your ability no matter what the road blocks are.2.Unions protect only the worthless hacks who cant cut it in the real world.Do us all a favor and take your useless tirades elsewhere."

Are you sure about #1? If what you say is true why cant install companies both pay good rates AND obey ALL the laws, AKA road blocks as you call them. Why is everyone saying that if companies were to obey the law they would have to slash pay? If youve got the formula for success, please share it.

#2, well thats your opinion. I guess you feel a workforce that requires 3-5 training programs cant compare to an industry who vastly uses contractors which legally cant be trained by the company they work for. I guess the world class cable certs that every cable installer is required to have is better. Oh wait, there is no cert required to work in cable. But what the heck, youve been around 40 yrs so Im sure you're still correct. As far as my tirades, youve been had. The topic is not my feelings on unions, union are not being said to be leading a campaign against companies for not obeying the law. The topic is about companies who dont follow the rules, or road blocks as you call them.

Im impressed that you are such an expert on unions. Even after working 40 yrs in a non-union industry. Very impressive. Well, maybe you have had some dealings with unions in those 40 yrs, and Im positive it was enough experience that makes you an expert. Either way, Im impressed.

Youve been around 40 yrs, cool. You didnt say how long you've been on the bar, so Il tell you something cool about the bar you may not know. Scroll down near the bottom of the page, you have an option to place me on your ignore list. Use it. Unfortunately theres not an option that allows you to only accept posts that share your beleifs and you agree with. But the ignore list is a good start. You can now set yourself up to only read posts from people who share the same thoughts as you. Which Im thinking is what you feel open forums are for.
This is CABL.com posting #163656. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQJM
Posted in reply to: Re: Overtime pay on piece work by tom59
There are 0 replies to this message