Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: The Real World

If one works as a sub doing piece work nothing at all gives any creedance what so-ever to getting OT.

You are a contractor....you agree to perform a task for a set amount of monies that vary per task. In this industry it's either sometimes you eat the bear, or the bear eats you. If you find that the bear is gnawing on your arse more times than you are on his than it's time to move on. Oh thats right ! because you never finished high-school and have no formal training in anything what so-ever aside from changing your bong water weekly no employer that pays something you could actually live on would even talk to you.

Some days I get home at 2pm, somedays at 7pm. But it's all good because I make way more than alot of the 8-4 working class folk who hope and pray that the CEO's of the company they have been working for during the past 15 years won't sail off to Costa-Rica with their pension plans.

So 5 days a week I get up at 5:15am, shower up and kiss my family farewell at 6, drag the garbage or recycle-bin out to the end of the driveway, hop in my astro, and make my way to the local Starbucks for a venti blackeye ( a 20oz already strong coffee backed up with 2 shots of espresso) and spend the next 45 minutes listening to Howard Stern while I dodge deer and the other lunatics on the road at this hour. I arrive at 7am to find nobody else there which gives me the peaceful time I need to sit in my rig and do my dailys. Bout 7:20 or so the PM arrives and walks in circles till he hands off the routes to me and says "here do what you do best and make sense of this" as I peruse over the routes I once again see that the MSO has given us mostly 8-11 and 11-2 jobs with an exception or two which now becomes a balancing act as the other "techs" that have slowly wandered in peer over my shoulder with an angry look in their eye thinking I'm cherry picking when in fact I'm trying to be fair in balancing out work-load both financially, time slot wise, and according to which one can tie their own shoes or not.
This is how the day starts, part 2 next.
This is CABL.com posting #163646. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQJC
Posted in reply to: Re: The Real World by TDD1
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: The Real World TDD1 3/19/2006 2:00:00 PM