Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Overtime pay on piece work

I have had the pleasure of having sidebar with both OSG and Chopps. It was very interesting. I gained much respect for Chopps. He seems to be a real straight shooter. He and I dont agree on things, but he doesnt hide what his goals are. Which is probably why he is in the position of owner. He wants things his way, and he looks out for #1. Which is cool. He holds no punches.

OSG, I hate to say it but i lost a little respect for you. You are one of the main suits on the bar that declares to have installers interest in mind. I understand that statement can only go so far, but it really didnt go as far as I thought it did with you. You show dislike for me because I point out the things companies do wrong to workers in this industry. Even in this case where an employer has said that he is being told by the authorities he is wrong, you still refuse to denounce this activity that is practiced through out the business. When anything brought to you that is clear evidence of wrong doings by the majority of companies you tend to look the other way. I must say, you had me fooled. I really thought you gave a rats ass. I just thought we didn't agree on how to remedy things.

You are like the cover up queen in my book. You try to keep the widely practiced wrong doings in this business under wraps. Sure you speak up about non paying bums, but you look the other way on wrong doings widely practiced by companies. I think its because your company probably takes part in these wrong doings, and even you realize how bad it would make you look if you were to speak out about something, but yet, be a suit in a company that does these things.

So go ahead continue to bad mouth me even though I have said nothing negative about you. I really dont care. But when youre finished, tell us why when companies do wrong you say itsits time for "communication". Why cant you come out and say its wrong to break the law when its the companies who are at fault. Its hard to believe a person get as upset as you do when a bunch a guys hold a legal picket line, but does not show that same anger when companies in the business are shown to be breaking the law.
This is CABL.com posting #163474. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQGQ
Posted in reply to: Re: Overtime pay on piece work by Chopps
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Overtime pay on piece work dumyid 3/17/2006 3:57:00 PM
Re: Overtime pay on piece work bugsy1 3/16/2006 9:25:00 PM