Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Help

First of all Workers Comp is welfare. And, of course, I wouldn't travel that far for that kind of pay. But then, I wouldn't work for that kind of pay out of my own house! But you have to do what is necessary to deal with the situation that faces you. Lets look at this from another angle. Why not work some where else? I'm pretty sure it isn't the only company around. Or maybe move closer. the point is there's all kinds of options. The employer has no control over where an employee chooses to live.
As far as myself right now, the only person I currently manage is me. I will almost never work someplace unless I can opt out of workers comp. I just think workers comp is a huge rip-off and MOST people using it are... shall we say faking their "injuries". I've seen it many times. I'm not saying this person is, it just happens all the time. What ever happened to people in this country. Now they think any kind of injury, any kind at all no matter how minor and they have the right not to work at all, and it's someone else's JOB to take care of them financially. Again I'm not saying this individuals injury was minor, I don't know and I wish him well. I'm talking in general terms. We now have whole cities that want some one else to take care of them because they don't like the situation their in. Sh#t happens, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault at all, YOU just have to deal with it the best that you can, that's all I saying. Now if someone has friends, relatives, neighbors, or even strangers that give you a helping hand, that's great. There is nothing wrong with that. It seems to me most people want some government run or sponsored program to take care of them. I do see that not many people share the philosophy of self reliance with me any more. Those that do I greatly admire. (bigsmile)
This is CABL.com posting #163314. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQEg
Posted in reply to: Re: Help by johned
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Help crawl2much 3/14/2006 12:03:00 PM
Re: Help Gwester843 3/14/2006 11:34:00 AM