Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: someone please help me please tech question

Another thing you might check is the wire being used from the wall jack to the device . If it is a 1 line , not 2 line wire , it will only pick up just one pair. If the devices have L1/L2 switchs , check for proper line selection . Also , not sure of the interior wiring there , but , I have worked on new homes that were pre-wired by some idiot using Cat-5 like a twisted pair and / or incorrectly following colors in thier punch downs , even crossing pairs behind the wll jacks . If it's just 2 pr. tel wire , still check all splices and jacks . If you are working alone , get yourself a 2-piece tester , Ideal makes a rather inexpensive , but good one . You can find it @ Home depot , Lowe's , and just about any electrical supply company . I always pull all the wall jacks and check them , following the color scheme found at the NID . I have even seen Tel drop wire twist spliced together with Cat-5 . It seemes to be all these new homes being built so quickly , that have the most problems . Hope you find the bug . Let us know the outcome . Good Luck . (wave)
This is CABL.com posting #163013. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQzp
Posted in reply to: Re: someone please help me please tech question by lazarust326
There are 0 replies to this message