Create your free account now! Sign up

someone please help me please tech question

Ok everyone try and figure this one out.I live i Co and whe use arris modems for phone whe offer two phone #s one out of phone port # 1 wich is usauly there home number.And port #2 wich is usualy for there fax#.Ok i did a job today like that the cust had there fax machine in office. and three other phones throughout the house .well i got lock snch and dial tone of bolth ports .so i plugged a jumper into phone jack for the main phones and i plugged a jumper from port#2 straight into the fax machine then i called the main phone # and bolth the fax and the rest of the phones in the house rang inon # 1.this should not happen only the phones should have rang in.so i brought my butset in i plugged it into port 1 and called main # and it worked perfect then i plugged it into port #2 and called the fax # that also works.so then i hooked it up like it was still port 1 was into wall and port#2was in fax and still bolth the fax and the home phones ring on #1 how can this happen if everything was working perfect with my butset. ive spent hours trying to figure this out and im so boggled please help me please i have to go back tom and solve this ****
This is CABL.com posting #163001. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQzd
There are 5 replies to this message
Re: someone please help me please tech question Trey9007 3/10/2006 8:16:00 AM
Re: someone please help me please tech question lazarust326 3/8/2006 10:00:00 PM