Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: MOBLIE hOME FRAME GROUNDING

Good call Masertech, heres my view, I dont like the idea of driving a ground rod on site. It is usally done without locates, and done with a fence post driver or sledge hammer. BAD IDEA!!! Either way you are in contact with the ground rod when it is going into the ground. If the ground has been graded (which happens alot, especially in green fields), the power might only be 18 inches u/g. Either way your driving an 8' ground rod and taking the chance of killing yourself by electrocition. As for grounding to trailer frames, I dont like that idea either, believe it or not some trailer frames are hot, even the siding could be hot, on a rainy day and your grounded and touch the trailer....ZAP,, your dead. If you can get to the trailer frame, you can get to the power ground. Dont take a short cut that could kill you. One thing to remember, DO NOT EVER< EVER unhook the power ground to slide your acorn over the ground rod. When you unhook the power ground, you become the ground. If the mobile home has a hot ground,,, once again,,,ZAP,, your dead!!! Hope this helps. P.S. There is always stray voltage in the ground, always keep that in mind. Later, Red(snipper)(usa)
This is CABL.com posting #162929. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQx3
Posted in reply to: Re: MOBLIE hOME FRAME GROUNDING by mastertech
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: MOBLIE hOME FRAME GROUNDING voices 3/9/2006 10:59:00 PM