Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: MOBLIE hOME FRAME GROUNDING

Have always been directed in the past to run drop and install ground block at to proximety of electrical power meter base and riser . You should always ( almost ) find an approved ground rod installed at this location . Bond to the rod. ( most states / counties are very strict with electrical code adherence in mobile home applications ) . Prior to install of bond , check meter seal for evidence of tampering and make sure meter is not running backwards . I have seen my share of illegal power connections / power theft in trailer parks . I would only use mobile home frame to ground outlets , and only if mobile home frame itself is properly grounded , and , I don't mean just anchored down with straps . Any other grounding connections are either illegal or useless . Regarding the shock possibilities of the frame . there shouldn't be any , if it is grounded / the power is installed and functioning properly . Buy yourself a cheap tic-tester available just about anywhere . Just about every trailer park I have ever installed in has a care-taker/manager/staff person who will be more than willing to assist you with answers he can provide pretaining to the utilities on his grounds/property . Although I Would Not Trust My Life 100 % on this ; check the bathroom of the mobile home in question , if there is a ground-fault recepticle installed near the sink , give it a test by pushing the Test button , that should disrupt that particular circuit . If it functions correctly , this is just a VERY BASIC indication ( Not a CERTIFIED TEST ) , of a properly operating ground circuit with-in the mobile home structure and POSSIBLY an indication of properly installed power to the trailer. Push Reset , and the circuit should come back on . If it does not , I would inform the homeowner as such . AND NO , do not even think about it , you Cannot bond to the ground of this circuit .
I am Not an Electrician , but have been around for quite awhile !!
Consult one if you must . (nod)(idea) (wink)
This is CABL.com posting #162438. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQp8
Posted in reply to: Re: MOBLIE hOME FRAME GROUNDING by LowVoltWiredMAN
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: MOBLIE hOME FRAME GROUNDING Wolf1 3/1/2006 5:47:00 AM
Re: MOBLIE hOME FRAME GROUNDING tclinewalker 2/28/2006 11:14:00 PM