Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Why do you need to have a late (new) work truc

Well no. I don't have that problem. hahahaha.

The whole point is, like other posters have stated, you (generally speaking) might do great work. But if you're driving around in a beat up P.O.S., your appearance looks shady.

Trust me on this. I have been in this business for 7 years now, ranging from working in-house with Comcast, to do doing fiber splicing, coaxial splicing, rebuild, construction, to running my own systems.

Appearance means a lot in this business my friend.

It doesn't take a lot of money to get a nice, good condition vehicle. If you are doing cable installations, you get pickup a late model, lets say the oldest year would be a '99, anyway, you can pickup a very nice, clean, reliable 1999 Ford Ranger with the 6 cylinder, extended cab and AWD for about $5,000.00 or so. It might even be cheaper.

Bottom line is, what it costs people to maintain old rust buckets, they can use that money to purchase a used but great condition truck!

It's a win/win situation! You aren't wasting money nor spending a lot of money on a new truck. You get to work out of a nice truck and your appearance will be outstanding....therefore transcending into your pride being greater! (clap)
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams" Justin T. Johnson
This is CABL.com posting #162145. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQlp
Posted in reply to: Re: Why do you need to have a late (new) work truc by crawl2much
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Why do you need to have a late (new) work truc crawl2much 2/23/2006 6:28:00 AM