Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Why do you need to have a late (new) work truc

in '83 I interviewed with a contractor and when asked about my truck I told them it was fine except that I had recently had a accident and one fender that was replaced needed to be painted to match the truck. It was black primer and the rest of the truck was two tone blue and silver.
They told me that I couldn't work for them until it was painted so I took care of it right away. No biggie...
On the first day I was checking out thier lot and saw a ladder sticking out from the side of a building about chest high...
I thought maybe it was just being stored on a rack until I walked over to see. There, in all it's glory, was a 70's Toyota Corrolla with the ladder strapped to the top. Further, the trunk lid was removed for this guy to carry his cable and other gear. I asked if this was temporary, like maybe his regular truck was down... Oh no, this IS his regular vehicle, always has been!
As more installers arrived I saw more "rocket launchers", you know, trucks with no racks carrying the ladders in the bed strapped to the cab.... Vans with 2X4's drilled into the top with eye hooks... Nice stuff!!!
And here was me, full metal cab-over rack with spool hangers, cross-over and side tool boxes not to mention a freshly painted fender... Had to wonder why my primer fender kept me out of the game with all the rag tag sh*t I saw in their lot! Go figure eh?
This is CABL.com posting #161894. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQhm
Posted in reply to: Re: Why do you need to have a late (new) work truc by Splicer Life 4me
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Why do you need to have a late (new) work truc crawl2much 2/19/2006 10:02:00 AM