Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Ka/Ku DTV

Gentlemen, & Any Ladies,

I've tried real hard to bite my tongue(tongue) on this one but I started thinking maybe I can help with a bit of advice. (confused)
So here goes............
Doing installs for $35 / 8 is just plain WRONG! Even if the company supplies the truck. UNLESS, they provide "Everything" and I do mean everything (Truck, meter, cell phone or reimbursment, insurance, benifits).
I have been doing installs since 1979. Yes, there has been a HUGE change in the industry! But it is not because of installs out there that WANT install for less. It's because 1) There are truly starving installers & their families out there! 2) There are truly thousands of criminal primes & subs that installers are working for that are taking total advantage of those that NEED a living and are struggling!
The answer? In my opinion we need to band together much better these days than we ever have people! Like a Satellite / Cable "Brotherhood"! Not just talk the talk but walk the walk!
If a "true brother" of the industry is having serious difficulties? We need to truly help them to find a good paying job! UNITE people!
I myself have tried to help many in the last couple years with training, jobs, support.
We also need to ban the criminal primes, subs by NOT doing work for them! Make the owner that is offering these dirt check rates go out and do the install himself!
And as I said before the only way to do this is to help the installers get into a better situation and help them leave the cheep companies.
Now on an upside note? Going from KU to KA is somewhat tough.
Especially for the Satellite Internet system. But, the tougher the install the "MORE" money we have to demand! Not LESS people!
We have to get tough on the industry as a whole or "It will keep craching in prices"!
Those of us out here that have been in the industry a long time?
Lets talk to the individuals that need help. Give some information on where, how to get work, how to make the deal, what deal we HAVE to refuse or at lease we have to go to the table a few times to get the proper pay!
Well, I will stop rattling on for now........
Hope I helped and made some good points...............

(wave)
Wired
This is CABL.com posting #161834. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQgo
Posted in reply to: Ka/Ku DTV by Hotwired inc
There are 0 replies to this message