Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

Who cares is right, it is all the same, and if you want to work at a union company you have to join, and no, it does not have to be voted in at every office, there are blanket agreements for chains. I did not want to join because I could not afford it, but was told either pay dues and join or work somewhere else, and anyone with a family know what a tough choice that can be. A responsible person can not just say, I don't like that so I will be unemployed until I find my dream job. There is no perfect job and kids have to eat so sometimes we suck it up in order to take care of our families and join the union that was already in place when the location opened its doors for the very first time. There were no employees, It was a grocery store, that had just been built, we were not told about the union until we already started training, were receiving a paycheck and had not had our grand opening. The store chain had a blanket agreement and when the Butchers, Bakers , and Candlestick makers were moved in then everyone had to join there union. More recently during the grocery strike, I could not even shop at me local Vons, because the union members would picket in front of the door very aggressively, even calling the customers names and in some cases, the abuse escalated into huge fights, both physical and verbal.
This is CABL.com posting #161693. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQd7
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by uboatcmdr
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV uboatcmdr 2/16/2006 3:44:00 PM