Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

Very interesting position you are in. I tried to follow as best I could. It was a very informative post, but certain things are left. Like who says that the MSO cant still put money into projects in the union areas like they do the non-union area. See companies always cry broke when they deal with unions. I think its a tactic. When I say cry broke, I mean publicly make statements saying they cant afford to do this or that. Then when its time for bargaining they try and use those statements as a reason to cut pay and benefits.

The thing that stops this is the right unions have to company "books" when bargaining a contract. Most times unions bargaineers will go over the books with the company and point out how the company can both pay good wages and still make the investments you speak of. Many times the company has to agree because they cant deny the plan makes sense. But they still will cry broke because they know most people dont realize that the union has shown a way for the company to meet their goals. Now in the times where a union just refuses to try and see where the company is coming from, thats just wrong. But if it is the will of the members to take that route, what can you do. But if certain people are not being straight with membership they should be HUNG. But I dont feel a many unions do that. If they did the companies would be all in the news about it.

Remember who it is you see taking concessions when their companies are in financial troubles. Unions. A while back an airline union agreed to concessions because the company was having financial troubles, then fay later they gave corporate execs big raises. So unions arent to quick to agree concessions. Most times they will require the company to prove they are in trouble, and not just take concessions on the word of the company. Which to me is fair.
This is CABL.com posting #161656. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQdw
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by Hybrid.PC
There are 3 replies to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV Trey9007 2/15/2006 7:48:00 PM
Re: Time to get out of Trey9007 2/15/2006 6:34:00 PM
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV Trey9007 2/15/2006 6:29:00 PM