Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

"By the time he leaves, or changes his name, or is asked to leave, he has people so riled up that they are calling each other names. "

Now this sounds as if you are implying that I was asked to leave by admins of a forum, which I wasnt. Yes people like you may have asked me to leave, but you are a nobody. Its only logical that one would think you were talking about someone of importance.

Talk about changing definitions. I love how you can tell me why my employer had to lay- off. Talk about double talk. Fortunately when my employer lays off its pretty much a last resort, because they really dont gain to much financially by doing it.

Under the contract my emplyer was required to offer an enhanced retirement package. Example, we had a surplus of 100 techs. If 100 techs took the package there would be no lay-offs. If 50 took it 50 people woiuld be laid off in reverse seniority.People who take the package and those who are laid of are given a severance package. It range from 2weeks pay for 3 years, and 104 weeks pay fro 30+ years. It could be taken in a lump sum or you could recieve a check every week for the time frame. Also if you were a person like me that in-volutarillyoff the payroll you kept your benefits for 1 year recieved free training from the company/union joint training program. And you also recieved an allowance of I think 3,000 to pay for training you wanted to obtain outside of the joint trainng program. So I have to dis agree that we were " too expensive" to keep around. It costs just as much to lay us off. But I love how I speak fact, and you say just any old thing and you accuse me of double talk. Strange....

The reason for the lay-off iwas mostly technological. But I love how you knew otherwise. You straight talker you(wink)
This is CABL.com posting #161602. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQcE
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by warrenrf
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV Trey9007 2/15/2006 9:14:00 AM