Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

Uboat I feel what youre saying, but this is a public forum and I think were in the General section. You have to expect to hear from any and everyone.

Also, I know you feel this is just an HSP thing, but consider this. The vast majority of workers called contractors in this industry are not really contractors. They are really employees. So they also have the right to organize. Also, you should realize that one of the biggest obstacles cable workers wishing to organize have is the workers we now call contractors. Cable companies have an alternate work force up and running. If cable workers strike they just give the work to contractors. Its the same for HSP workers. The HSP in Ohio did this. They told their workers if they voted a union in they would give their work to contractors. Luckily, those workers stood strong, filed labor charges because of the threats, and won. That HSP was ordered to post a notice in the workplace saying they were wrong for doing this and other things. So just know there are guys ready to step in and take the work. And one of the reasons some will take it is because they arent aware of what youre trying to do. Just about every installer in cable and sat are eligible to organize. Just keep that in mind.

Also sumahit might be right. Maybe their should be a union section on the bar. I have seen lineman forums that have this. Its seems to be a very useful tool for sharing information.
This is CABL.com posting #161577. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mQcf
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by sumahit
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: Time to get out of DirecTV uboatcmdr 2/15/2006 10:36:00 AM