Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Time to get out of DirecTV

okay, here we go.
lets talk about stopping the downward spiral.tell me,what it is that you think started it. because all i hear is greed.have you even looked at the profit and losses.or,the reasons for the over expenditures in operating costs, let alone customer retaintion costs due to the over populating growth of inadequite or substandard techs with less than standard work ethics in the industry?
as costs get passed on to the tech, it is oh so easy to scream out GREEDY COMPANY!!!!! we aren't treated good enough!!!!and oddly enough,aren't these the same people who are noncompliant with the binding contractual agreement that said person(s) made? yet, when enforced by the contract provider IE. MSO,HSP exct...... this is deemed to be unfair labor practice, in which most cases, is not brought to court but tried in forums as to discredit said HSP,MSO.
when all the while, treatment has been the same except there is less money involved.how many times have you heard this" i ain't working for that". then they turn around and do.and it's always the same. "the damn company is taking more from us"
when the reality of it all is, the techs (bad ones) are a majority of the costs and customer turns wich in turn takes from the company.
and lets not forget,competition. with all the bundling, and price cutting going on in the market today,the loss gets placed all the way across the board.when HBO is offered free for three, does this mean that DTV,Dishnet,and the MSO are getting it for free as well?
of coarse not. the cost is incurred to the provider.at the normal rate as always.
so, should we strive to offer more of our services for free, just to establish longivity in the market we currently seek our employment, just to stay competitive?
maybe,maybe not.
but to sit and speculate that this is a simple greed issue is both incorrect and moronic.
so in responce to the afore mentioned question, i would like to say this: wouldn't a union be taking more money out of the pocket of the already distraughten installer/tech? of coarse it would, so why the need? if your willing to pay a duese to work, then why complain about the decrease in wages as they are passed on to you.you are simply adding on to the decreasing profits in your pocket.and isn't that what you are trying to refrain from?
although i find the spiral to be past it's lifetime, the fact still remains the same.costs will continue to be passed on (which is the rule of business).the end result will not be found here bickering back and forth.
This is CABL.com posting #161442. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP94
Posted in reply to: Re: Time to get out of DirecTV by Gwester843
There are 0 replies to this message