Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Illegals

litlebear,
i too am native american.onadogo mohawk and cherokee as well as a brutse' italian.
my grandmother came from italy on the boat as a child to be greeted with hate. my grandfather would pass himself off as mexican when he was younger because indians were considered to worthless and couldn't get jobs.
it cracks me up to see that on the news.
but what disturbs me the most is like you said, when people mistake my nationality.when i tell them, they get that look. ya know, the i hear the "hey do ya know so and so? he indian too".
the thing that realy pisses me off is this "imigrant go home" mentality. it makes me want to say to them "you go first".know what i mean.
i wonder, how far have we all come as a people?
does everyone remember how long ago it was when they were griping about asians?
how long when it was about jamacians?
how long when it was the cubans?
how long when it was blacks in general?
how long when it was about native americans?
or how about the lengthy struggle of the one true americans?
if it weren't for the native americans the first sttlers would have starved to death. thier government was based on the native americans government.
is color and belief that damn important. must hatred for what we don't understand or fear of what we don't understand rule the day?
what does this say about us as a person, as a nation, and worse yet, as a parent.
what do we inadvertantly pass on to our children by exposure.
what is the lesson to pass on? more hate?
hasn't there been enough?
look yourselves in the miror, then look at your children. the inocense in them WILL be replaced with hate. ask yourself this,"is this what i want for children?"grandchildren?
This is CABL.com posting #161330. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP8g
Posted in reply to: Re: Illegals by littlebear
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: Illegals vegassatellite 2/13/2006 12:29:00 PM
Re: Illegals 1FARMER 2/13/2006 12:07:00 PM