Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A National Cable & Satellite Day

I see some good in what you are saying, but I also see problems. As you have stated the rates for cable and sat installers have taken a nose dive over the years. The same people who have lowered the rates are the same people we will be organizing against. If we JUST organize, the same people that have been cutting the pay would have to bargain with us on their own free will. Im just wondering if thats a realstic expectation. For us to expect the same people who cut our pay to all of sudden have a change of heart and not just bargain, but bargain in good faith. I just dont see that happening.

Organizing under the rules of the NLRA is different. Both sides would be required by law to bargain, and to bargain in good faith. Its a big difference. Also under the NLRA there are 5 mandatory topics of bargaining. Wages being one of them. Wages are required by law, to be something that is bargained. If we just organize the suits could play games and only bargain things of little importance. They do it under the NLRA, so one could only imagine of how many stall tactics we would see doing something not under the NLRA.

Im all for what your saying, but in order for your way to work, both sides would have to agree that things are not right as they are right now. Both sides will need to agree that there is a need for change. And both sides would have to be willing to sit down and make changes. Right now I think only 1 side is ready to talk. If you listen to the suits, they all seem to think everything is fine.

This is CABL.com posting #161270. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP7i
Posted in reply to: Re: A National Cable & Satellite Day by crawl2much
There are 0 replies to this message