Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A new career

Welp Id hate to be like everyone else but id stay away, for one simple fact. You can make ok money, but it seems every year the pay decreases and the job requirements become more. And you really have to find a company that pays. Some will work you, and than not pay you. I have never worked cable only satellite, and I remember talken to people and them telling me theyd get paid 20 to hook up a drop and last i heard contractors for comcast were making like 5 bucks with the install of the HSI as long as there were no new outlets to be put in. To me thats rediculas even if it was 10 or 15... I just remember it being 5. To me I have liked satellite given you gotta know catv and phone systems not hard to learn, but ime consuming... But also pays more too.

If its something you enjoy why not? Personally I'd start with dish network, not as many requirements and most of the techs there do crappy work anyways so a great way to descise being new to the industry... And there not as big of a pain bout phone lines as direct is or grounding for that fact... Even though you should always ground, but thats were when you make a mistake its not gonna hurt you too bad. Again the big problem is work load and getting paid... Dish pays more but usually very little work.
This is CABL.com posting #161092. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP4q
Posted in reply to: Re: A new career by fjjk1970
There is 1 reply to this message
Re: A new career chumpman88 2/9/2006 8:29:00 PM