Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: A new career ,Dammit Man!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about your plite.I can't tell you to leave, I sure as hellk wouldn't tell you to go, Thats "YOUR DECISCION" I Love Horticulture also . My suggestion is to get out of installs. Yes its possible to make a living attit, yes I said a livin , whats that?? What kinda money is that , its what you will settle for . A Cable DOG/DAWG ",thats hardline" will mess up your life . It gets in your blood and know matter how hard you try to blow smoke up your own butt , you can't get it out.I started in 79. Let me tell you , this industry creates friends that money can't replace . I only ever did installs on the island of Bremuda , what was considered an install there is a joke here , maybe its changed , but I doubt it. Don't get me wrong , I'm not putting down installers , but there is millions of them . Find yourself an Old Dog that is a top hook in construction, learn from him , and you will work forever in this industry. Pick the hard part , learn it from a hard as.s lineman and you will always work. Be happy with your home being where ever you throw your hat , thats the hardest part!! Like my x-wife said you have been gone the better part of our marrige , It hurt like hel.l to hear it , but I knew it was true . Cable /Telephone / Power its a special breed of person . "Brothers and Sisters" No matter where you go were're still the same. You must do your reasearch on who to work for . With the reaseachers forcast of impending hurricanes I'd rather be "DEAD" than consider change . I will incript a private message from a friend of mine that probably wouldn't won't me to share it, but he's one of our industrys finest and I'm proud to say I know him ."READ IT AND MAKE YOUR OWN DECISION" The best of luck to you either way. About Knight "If Cowboy is still with them, OK if not ???? Heres the message - oh yea....rumours of priester arent rumours...seen it myself...hes a lying lazy thieving piece of ****.Now..on with the good news....keep this to yourself...I am once again..back into cable.only this time..im all in house.Im a Technical Operations Supervisor for semi-local mso.I guess we are both ruined for life,catv has been such a part of out lives for so long...we (or at least I do) feel naked and lost without it.We are fools...keepem sharp......The End !!! I shouldn't have printed this ,oh well , I should have beat Willis P's a.s.s years ago for farting in my truck,this industry is full of scumb and good people #1 rule watch who you work for , many bloodsuckers in this industry . Take pride in your work and you will always be working . Its a hard life to choose . Its kinda like years back when I wanted to be a Green Beray , took the test ,did everything but sign the final paper , when I was told I could kiss my family good bye for 4 years and that I might never be the same when I came back , I reconsidered. Thank God when I started Cable in 79 ,I had an as.shole sumbit.ch like Wayne Blanchard as a mentor . God rest his soul , I wouldn't be here now if it wasn't for his words , give it sixty days , if you don't like it then, don't let the door hit you in the "A>S>S" , Thanks Wayne , "WORDS TO LIVE BY"
(usa) "WHITFIELD(sunny)
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #161056. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP3Q
Posted in reply to: A new career by jmark
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: A new career ,Dammit Man!!!!!!!!!!! sumahit 2/9/2006 1:01:00 AM
Re: A new career ,Dammit Man!!!!!!!!!!! cableho 2/8/2006 6:20:00 PM