Create your free account now! Sign up

Opinions on a lanyard and harness???

I got such good imput on gloves , I thought I would ask about the lanyard and harness that OSHA requires us to wear . What kind of fines have you seen levied against those who get caught without it. My opinion , I use to hate it , but have gotton use to it. Personally I don't see the benefit unless your height places your crotch above the bucket . I had a hydrallic line burst on a baker 45 scissor boom back in 79 ,the safety valve failed , and the boom came crashing down , I stayed in the baskett all the way to the bottom . Would I have been hurt if I fell out ?? What would be worse falling out ,or jumping out because of a valve misfunction .On a second innocident I had an old baker, up valve , stick on me once , if not for the old lady being with me and shutting the truck off, killing the pto ,I would have been cooked in power . I would like to here anyones opinion pro and con . Thanks in advance .
(usa) "WHITFIELD"(sunny)
I'd rather live my life believeing there is God and die to find out their isn't . Than to live my life as if their wasn't God and die to find out there is ! WHITFIELD
This is CABL.com posting #160972. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP2u
There are 7 replies to this message
Re: Opinions on a lanyard and harness??? guerillasplicer 2/7/2006 10:25:00 PM
Re: Opinions on a lanyard and harness??? guerillasplicer 2/7/2006 10:21:00 PM
Re: Opinions on a lanyard and harness??? tymes 2/7/2006 10:17:00 PM
Re: Opinions on a lanyard and harness??? diddler 2/7/2006 9:12:00 PM
Re: Opinions on a lanyard and harness??? Wolf1 2/7/2006 8:13:00 PM
Re: Opinions on a lanyard and harness??? tom59 2/7/2006 6:46:00 PM
Re: Opinions on a lanyard and harness??? cabler1 2/7/2006 6:33:00 PM