Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: Problems with H20 signal strength

There is a problem with the H20 signal strength, and for those of you who get the directv reps come to your site to talk to you bout it they know the issue is there. Its not a huge issue and it first came across because they thought by having the bigger dish it would throw the numbers way out of the ballpark. BUT of course this didnt happen. They are talking about updating the recievers to where they show the correct signal strenth. Than again its just a guide not something that should be used to point a dish or anything because they can choose to tell the reciever what the number is.

For instance the 103 sat we can pick up just fine and it will show 100 percent on the reciever, well unlike dish network signals can go higher than 100 and it will show. But with direct it will not.

Anyways for the H20 reciever always add on bout 20-25 percent on the number and youll be fine. I also make the customer aware of this because i was on a service call once and directv told them they should be getting upper 80s on their transponders, but they were getting 77. Which if you add 20 is like 97 so no matter what you do your not gonna get better. I spent alot of time over there till i called my supervisor and they told me the issue.

So informing the customer to add 20 on the strength is far away from a bad idea because you could go on a service call for no reason.
This is CABL.com posting #160930. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP1O
Posted in reply to: Re: Problems with H20 signal strength by kjrpgh
There are 0 replies to this message