Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: subscribe linemen

Hello everyone, I'm new to this board after finding it through a google search I conducted. I have an interest in this cable connection industry but have no idea on the ins and outs of the whole industry.

I would love to have created a new topic about my inquiries but I can't seem to find where to do so on the site so I'll post it here hoping I can find answers to what I'm looking for.

First off, I'm a computer technician working from home on my own and do relatively well in that aspect; but lately I've been thinking about adding a second streamof income to supplement what I do for those down days when there's no system to dissect and from what I can see the cable industry looks promising.

So here go my questions:

1. How reliable are the income figures I see in the "Install Jobs" section of this site?

2. I've read stories of technicians NOT getting paid on time as stipulated in contracts signed...how often do these happen?

3. As a computer repairman, I'm thinking of hiring a "cable guy" to handle that aspect of my business for me while I do what I know best, would this be advisable for a start-up while also making profits?

4. Can I get a list of tools and equipment one might need to satisfactorily get a job done and what the total cost of such my amount to?

5. Any other piece of information that might be necessary to start off on the right footing.

Thanks for your time and have a great time.

Isaac
This is CABL.com posting #160917. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mP1B
Posted in reply to: subscribe linemen by larusso
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: subscribe linemen chumpman88 2/7/2006 5:35:00 PM
Re: subscribe linemen TexasHangman 2/6/2006 7:23:00 PM