Create your free account now! Sign up

Re: the real story in Iraq

The ever-changing motive for our action in Iraq is quite Orwellian in nature. They claimed that Saddam had WMDs and that we had to go in and stop him. Since they haven't found WMDs, the reason for being there has changed to a war of "liberation". We have no business toppling another nation's sovereign rule of its people. Overthrow is best left to the spirit of the people ruled. What if China decided that our own US government was oppressive and that America needed to have its government overthrown. I wonder how many American men and women would take up the patriotic duty of resisting foreign occupation even if they weren't in the military. Would they all be "insurgents" and "terrorists" if they do so.

I am not in the military but if some foreign nation sets foot on our dirt and tries to overthrow our government, I will fight them every way possible to defend the US. The foreign media may demonize me as a "terrorist" for my actions. The label of terrorist or patriot is only a matter of perception. I am sure George Washington was considered somewhat of a terrorist by King George of England.
This is CABL.com posting #160394. Tiny Link: cabl.co/mPTa
Posted in reply to: Re: the real story in Iraq by Bird Dog
There are 2 replies to this message
Re: the real story in Iraq mwedd73 2/6/2006 1:05:00 AM
Re: the real story in Iraq oldschooldbstech 1/30/2006 7:53:00 PM